- Commentary: Wisconsin pastor prepares for GC2019 November 15, 2018The Rev. Samuel J. Royappa prays that the February gathering will renew and resurrect The United Methodist Church.
- Seeing a Way Forward: Bishop Carter November 15, 2018The president of the Council of Bishops shares some of the questions he’s been hearing about the special called General Conference taking place in February, 2019.
- Church helps remote villagers fight malaria November 15, 2018Bishop Gabriel Yemba Unda says United Methodists are committed to providing well-equipped medical buildings for rural people in eastern Congo.
- Churches balance safety and maintaining piety November 15, 2018In this era of mass shootings, pastors and other church officials are deciding how far they are willing to go to ensure security.
- Bishops urge trust in GC2019 delegates November 14, 2018Finding a way forward in the church debate over homosexuality is now up to General Conference. Bishops discussed how to facilitate that work.
- Finding new urgency in quest for peace in Korea November 14, 2018Methodist-led gathering of religious leaders in Atlanta sees both optimism and urgency in efforts to end 70-year division on Korean Peninsula.
- Zimbabwe churches launch eco-congregation initiative November 14, 2018Episcopal area joins forces with municipality in a citywide cleanup campaign. One goal is to reduce the spread of contagious diseases such as dysentery, cholera and diarrhea.
- Commentary: Thoughts upon GC2019 via Methodist history November 14, 2018The history of The United Methodist Church and its predecessor denominations offers insights on what the future might hold, writes Elaine A. Robinson.
- 5 reasons millennials like United Methodism November 13, 2018Millennials are seeking intergenerational and welcoming communities of faith, writes Andrew Ponder Williams.
- Advice to Christians: Learn a little Hebrew November 13, 2018United Methodist scholar makes case for knowledge of Hebrew in new book “70 Hebrew Words Every Christian Should Know.”