- Seeing a Way Forward: Patricia L. Miller December 12, 2018Patricia L. Miller submitted the legislation for the Connectional Conference Plan to General Conference. She explains why it’s meant to provide the “most space between theological differences” while maintaining unity.
- Conference, bishop sue for control of Glide December 12, 2018California-Nevada Conference says legal action is necessary to take back San Francisco's Glide Memorial United Methodist Church from foundation board.
- Blind soccer players have opportunity of a lifetime December 12, 2018Six Zimbabwean high school students hope to participate in the International Blind Soccer Association tournament in Japan.
- Commentary: 'Being equal on paper is not being equal in life' December 11, 2018Diligence is "required for our mission to be accomplished in seeking the full inclusion of women at all levels of leadership within The United Methodist Church," writes Dawn Wiggins Hare, top executive of the United Methodist Commission on the Status and Role of Women.
- Faith leaders struggle to bring message of hope to migrants December 11, 2018More than 300 faith leaders — including United Methodists — walked to the border wall in San Diego to bring blessing to people in Tijuana.
- Commentary: Mary, Peter and the Church December 11, 2018What are the roles of women and men in the life of the church, and are they equal? To answer that question, the Rev. Paul T. Stallsworth looks at the Church of Mary and the Church of Peter.
- Judicial Council sets February docket December 11, 2018Docket items include the first administrative appeal to come before the denomination's top court, but no reconsideration of Traditional Plan ruling.
- Bishops' website spotlights One Church Plan December 11, 2018Bishops say they want to provide information to help General Conference delegates. The new site is getting pushback but also support.
- Central Nigeria Conference opens new secondary school December 11, 2018Along with a Christian foundation, students — many of whom could not afford government or private schools — prepare for higher education.
- Opinions still vary on the Way Forward December 10, 2018A variety of plans have United Methodist champions as the church strives to find common ground on homosexual marriage and clergy.