- Simple Plan supporters talk strategy January 15, 2019Supporters discuss how legislation that would eliminate all restrictions related to homosexuality could be part of General Conference consideration.
- Native American clergywoman took justice to heart January 14, 2019The Rev. Cynthia Abrams is being remembered as a committed, compassionate leader who found her voice through The United Methodist Church.
- Deciding what budget cuts mean for ministry January 14, 2019United Methodist general agencies are looking at how they can tighten their belts as they face plans to cut the general church budget by more than 20 percent.
- Panel clarifies options for special General Conference January 13, 2019Reference committee meets to decide which petitions are ‘in harmony’ for legislative gathering to address unity amid conflict over homosexuality.
- Prayer at Virginia legislature written by woman in sanctuary January 11, 2019Guatemalan woman takes refuge in Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Cattle dip tank revitalizes village January 11, 2019Funded by the Chabadza partnership between The United Methodist Church in Norway and Zimbabwe, the dip tank has brought hope to villagers whose cattle were previously wiped out by tick-borne diseases.
- Commentary: Pastor urges GC2019 delegates to 'be open' January 11, 2019The Rev. Sean C. Turner, pastor of Hill’s Chapel United Methodist Church, near Charlotte, North Carolina, urges delegates who will attend the special General Conference in February to keep their hearts and minds open and tuned into the spirit of Christ.
- Commentary: The best scenario for the Korean church January 10, 2019Adding a graceful exit clause to the Book of Discipline would be the best way to keep the denomination together, one of the leaders of a Korean American pastors' group writes.
- Seeing a Way Forward: Bishop Jones January 10, 2019As we head toward special General Conference 2019, UM News is highlighting church leaders’ perspectives on where we are as a denomination. This series continues with Texas Conference Bishop Scott Jones.
- Commentary: Taking a fresh look at the Connectional Conference Plan January 9, 2019A plan that offers rich, robust and challenging ideas should not be simply dismissed as too complicated, one bishop writes.