- Church schools library restocked after fire October 26, 2020Alumni of United Methodist Hartzell High School in Zimbabwe have been raising money to replace some of the 40,000 books lost in a 2019 fire.
- Bishop calls for dialogue on police reform in Nigeria October 23, 2020As protests turn deadly, Nigeria Area Bishop John Wesley Yohanna urges the government to address demonstrations peacefully. Several United Methodist pastors say they witnessed the violence.
- Should General Conference go virtual? October 23, 2020With COVID-19 still on the rise, a number of United Methodists are pushing for next year’s meeting to transpire online.
- Côte d’Ivoire church to help build schools in central Africa October 22, 2020The initiative aims to replicate the United Methodist schools model of Côte d’Ivoire by building 12 school complexes in 12 cities in the Central African Republic.
- Conference sessions go virtual, with mixed results October 20, 2020Pandemic-prompted online gatherings offer efficiencies, but technological glitches have occurred and delegates miss being together.
- Facing up to a grotesque book at Iliff October 19, 2020A book with a cover made from the skin of a slain Native American has haunted United Methodist Iliff School of Theology for decades, but its president wants it used as a teachable moment instead of buried in a library vault.
- Confronting pandemic-related food insecurity October 16, 2020United Methodist groups and partners continue to provide food relief to vulnerable people in Zimbabwe during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Two voices from the civil rights movement October 14, 2020In a conversation about civil rights and voter suppression, two African American women shared some pivotal experiences with participants at the I AM Her Women’s Leadership Summit.
- Forging stronger ties as women of faith October 14, 2020United Methodist clergy and laywomen envision something bigger as they celebrate sisterhood, build relationships and share experiences of sexism.
- Boy with United Methodist ties dies in ritual killing October 14, 2020Seven-year-old was the grandson of a lay leader at Nyamutumbu United Methodist Church in Zimbabwe; his uncle has been charged with murder.