- In trying times, churches extend their reach July 7, 2020Grants from the United Methodist Committee on Relief allow churches to expand programs, increase capacity during pandemic.
- Donations pour in for church hospitals, missions July 2, 2020United Methodist hospitals in Zimbabwe receive protective gear for front-line workers, while mission families get food relief from Nyadire Connection.
- Church parking lots fill for COVID-19 testing July 2, 2020More United Methodist congregations are offering space for screenings, hoping to reach groups at special risk.
- Unsnarling US and church racial history July 1, 2020Town hall explored Methodism’s complicated and sometimes suppressed record on race to help United Methodists turn away from past sins.
- Native ministry fills need in Tulsa food desert July 1, 2020Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of people seeking help at Tulsa Indian United Methodist Church has doubled.
- Series: Food insecurity and the COVID-19 pandemic June 30, 2020United Methodist food-related ministries are providing a way for the church to respond to the rise in the number of people facing acute food insecurity, even when other programs were shuttered.
- Churches adapt to ‘new normal’ in Philippines June 30, 2020United Methodists set up hand-washing stations, checked temperatures and required masks as churches welcomed back members after months of quarantine.
- Surviving tribulations part of school’s history June 29, 2020Lydia Patterson is struggling with COVID-19 and a closed border, but the president of the United Methodist school said, “We have seen worse.”
- Food relief helps in Liberia’s COVID-19 fight June 29, 2020UMCOR and other church partners provide support to church’s Anti COVID-19 Taskforce as country sees spike in cases.
- When pandemic ends, confusion in church will remain June 29, 2020A former Judicial Council president examines constitutional issues presented by plans for the future of The United Methodist Church.