Home » Posts » Sunday, May 10, 2020 ~ 5th Sunday of Easter ~ “Dreaming of the Kingdom: A Role to Play” Pastor Jordan Louks
- From children’s song to church anthem May 29, 2020“We Are the Church” is a song for Pentecost, yet the popular hymn almost didn’t make it into The United Methodist Hymnal.
- Preaching can highlight climate crisis May 29, 2020United Methodists spoke about environmental justice at an online gathering devoted to the art of preaching.
- COVID-19 fund grants help fill the gaps May 28, 2020From Louisiana to the Philippines, United Methodists are finding ways to assist those affected by the coronavirus pandemic and asking for support from the UMCOR COVID-19 Response Fund.
- Churches practice caution before reopening May 28, 2020United Methodist bishops are setting guidelines and recommending times for the churches in their conference to reopen — recommendations that are not necessarily the same as what their state governments are allowing.
- Chance meeting leads to understanding about reparations May 28, 2020A chance meeting between two women leads a white woman whose ancestors owned a rice plantation to think concretely about reparations.
- Bishop Jones removed from SMU board May 27, 2020The Texas Conference leader was ousted by fellow trustees after he joined the South Central Jurisdictional Conference’s lawsuit against the school.
- Filipinos on the margins hurt by COVID-19 May 27, 2020United Methodists from the three episcopal areas have come together to provide food and other assistance during the pandemic.
- Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month during pandemic May 27, 2020Blaming and harassment of Asian Americans recalls the World War II internment of 120,000 Japanese Americans, writes the Rev. John Oda.
- New General Conference dates announced May 26, 2020General Conference, postponed by pandemic, is scheduled for late summer 2021, despite requests those dates be changed.
- Celebrating Asian/Pacific American heritage May 26, 2020This month offers a chance to counter rising violence and affirm Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders belong in the U.S. and the church.